Maintaining appropriate humidity levels in your home is important for more than just comfort.
Air that is too dry can have serious implications on health, efficiency, and even the structural integrity of your home.
- Maintaining the right humidity level throughout your home not only helps keep your nasal passages and airways healthy, it helps reduce the spread of colds and the flu.
- Dry air can make you feel colder at normal temperatures, causing you to overheat your home.
- Dry air can cause damage to your home and possessions such the walls, hardwood floors, structure, paintings, furniture etc.
Whole home humidifiers are installed to work with your existing home’s HVAC system. Treated air is circulated through the home using the existing HVAC system in the same manner as hot or cold air is.
SUPPLY A.N.D. SERVICESSupply A.N.D. Serviceshome bypass, fan-powered, and steam humidifiers to meet all of your home humidity needs.
- Bypass Humidifiers add moisture to air being circulated by a furnace. This type of whole home humidifier draws air from either the supply or return plenum and passes it through a water panel before returning the air back into the system.
- Fan-Powered Humidifiers work in the same way as bypass humidifiers, except fan-powered humidifiers also include a fan to blow air across the internal water panel pad to increase the amount of humidity being transferred to the air. Fan-powered humidifiers are able to produce as much as a gallon of humidity more per day than bypass humidifiers. Powered flow-through systems are a type of fan-powered humidifier that are great to use when space is limited as these systems do not require a bypass duct.
- Steam Humidifiers heat water to a boil to create humidity in the form of steam. The steam is then circulated through the homes ducts using the systems internal blower. This means that steam humidifiers will operate as needed, independently of your heating and cooling system. Steam humidifiers offer the fastest and most efficient method of increasing and maintaining appropriate humidity levels.
Not sure what you need? – No problem! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team will assist you in selecting a whole home humidifier that meets both your needs and budget.